On March 2, 2023, Graphic Village proudly received fifteen 2023 Print Excellence Awards from Graphic Media Alliance (GMA) during the 2023 Southern Region Print Week reception. Adding to this impressive recognition, on September 14, 2023, Graphic Village secured three more coveted 2023 awards at the GMA Millcraft Grand Ceremony in Columbus. These prestigious accolades include the Best of Category Award (Corporate Communications), the Judge’s Award, and the venerable Best of Show Award.
Graphic Village’s outstanding work was particularly exemplified by the President’s “Power of Vision” Brochure, a remarkable piece for the University of Cincinnati, which earned the Best of Category Award for Corporate Communications. Additionally, their brochure for the Palm Beach Zoo garnered the Judge’s Award for excellence in digital printing, and they proudly accepted the evening’s top honor, the Best of Show Award, also for the UC President’s brochure.
These achievements were made possible through the exceptional craftsmanship and diversity showcased in the 440 submissions, which were meticulously reviewed by two expert judges. GMA’s long-time judge, Jeff Ekstein, of Willow Printing Group in Ontario, Canada, was joined by Greg Jovanovic, from ColorArt in Eureka, Missouri, adding to the prestige of their wins.
Graphic Village’s 18 awards in 2023, including the Judge’s Award, the Best of Show Award, and the prestigious “Maxwell Award” received in March, underscore their unwavering commitment to delivering outstanding work in the printing industry.
Graphic Village’s notable wins in 2023 include:
- University of Cincinnati – President’s “Power of Vision” Brochure (Corporate Communications Category)
- Xylem Inc. – “Mission: Water” Magazine (Magazines and Publications Category)
- The Motz Group – “Performance is Built” Brochure (Brochures – Multi-Page Category)
- Crossroads Church – Crossroads GROW Booklet (Booklets – 6 x 9 or Smaller Category)
- Graphic Village – GV 2022 “Creative Cities” Calendar (Printer’s Self-Advertising/Marketing Category)
- University of Cincinnati – UC “Day One” Pocket Folders (Pocket Folders Category)
- The Palm Beach Zoo – “The Future Looks Wild” Booklet (Digital Printing Category)
- Cintas – “Confidence from the Ground Up” Mailer (Direct Mail Category)
- Braxton Brewing – “Dark Charge” Carton Packaging (Packaging Category)
- Young President’s Organization Cincinnati – YPO “Rock Out” Invitation (Announcements and Invitations Category)
- Foto Focus – Foto Focus “World Record” Biennial (Books – Other than Hardbound – Larger than 6 x 9 Category)
- AddUp – AddUp Environmental Graphics (Large Format Printing Category)
- Easterseals Serving Greater Cincinnati – “Power of Work. Power of Purpose.” (Corporate Communications Category)
Additional 2023 Awards:
- Best of Category Award – University of Cincinnati, President’s “Power of Vision” Brochure (Corporate Communications)
- The Judge’s Award – The Palm Beach Zoo, “The Future Looks Wild” Booklet (Digital Printing Category)
- Best of Show Award – University of Cincinnati, President’s “Power of Vision” Brochure (Corporate Communications)
- The Maxwell Award – Awarded to graphic arts organizations that have distinguished themselves in a manner representative of the city’s first printer, William Maxwell.
To further amplify and highlight their 2023 honors, GV’s Executive Vice President, Kevin Murray, was recognized with the “Printer of the Year Award.”
Graphic Media Alliance serves almost 300 commercial printing companies and suppliers in its service area. GMA provides a broad range of products and services to its membership, including workers’ compensation and product discounts. Graphic Media Alliance is an affiliate partner of more than 20 industry associations across the country. For complete information on Graphic Media Alliance, please visit www.graphicmedia.org.
“We are honored to have such an outstanding member base, especially Graphic Village. Congratulations on all of the awards; it is certainly well deserved.”
– Andrew Schall, President, Graphic Media Alliance