Want to get the most out of your direct mail budget and maximize your ROI? Here are five simple ideas that can bring great results.
- Be relevant, not complicated. Personalized communications do not have to be complicated to be effective. If you are a roofing company, for example, you do not need to know the recipient’s household income or favorite hobbies, or whether or not there are children in the home, to create an effective mailing after a windstorm. Finding homeowners with older homes (and older roofs) might be enough.
- Go small or go home. Most of us are familiar with the phrase “Go big or go home,” but when it comes to mailing, sometimes less is more. You can often bring in more revenue with smaller, more targeted, more relevant mailings.
- Clean it up. Removing duplicates and running your mailing list through software like National Change of Address (NCOA) and CASS help ensure your mailings reach their destinations. This not only increases marketing efficiency, but it saves on postage, too.
- Send triggered mail. The effectiveness of direct mail increases dramatically when you send the mailing at the very time the customer is ready to buy. “Triggered” messaging does just that. For example, car dealerships alert customers when their vehicles are due for scheduled maintenance based on their last service call. Florists send out reminders in advance of key anniversaries.
- Don’t get stuck in a rut. If you’ve been sending the same type of piece for years, try something new. Change the mailing format. Change the color of the envelope. Mix it up, so the recipient sees something new and fresh.
Are you stuck in a direct mail rut? Could you use some fresh ideas to increase the relevance of your campaigns and boost your results? Graphic Village’s direct mail experts can help. Call us today!