Even in a world where interest in all things digital media continues to grow, something still draws people into the tangible and irresistibly tactile world of paper and ink. But why? What makes people fall in love with print? Is it the feel of paper? The smell of ink? Does foil make you swoon? Here’s a few answers we’ve come up with. If asked the same question, what would you say?
- Print is at the center of societal change. From the printing of the Gutenberg Bible in the 15th century to the Federalist and the Anti-Federalist papers in the 18th century, print has profoundly impacted our society. It is part of our history.
- It enriches us. Print enriches our daily lives – from reproductions of great paintings to the coolest in gig posters and T-shirts.
- Print aids in comprehension. Studies show that people absorb and retain information more deeply through print than they do via digital media.
- Print is fun. Print is just enjoyable to have with so many textures, finishes and embellishments in your hands. It’s one reason that sales of printed books are on the rise even with society’s addiction to mobile phones. Who wants to read Harry Potter on an iPhone?
- It inspires creativity. There’s something about a tangible product that breathes life into ideas. With print, creativity springs eternal.
- Print preserves moments in time. With so much digital clutter, the tangible presence of books, marketing collateral and even business cards, print preserves a memory – a moment in time – in ways that digital can’t.
- Print is magic. Have you ever seen the inner working of a press? A digital file becomes a printing plate, then millions of tiny dots spring to life on the page as brilliant, high-resolution images. This little miracle is replicated in every print project created. Per number 4 mentioned above, finishes and embellishments add another layer of enchantment.
So if you love print like we love print, let’s love print together. Reach out. We’ll be happy to help you elevate your creative ideas.