Follow detailed procedures to perform pick and pack work of customer’s inventory. Pick and package a variety of marketing related items that require a variety of packing procedures and techniques. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Count, sort and assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders and handling boxes for the final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified requests from clients.
Detail oriented in identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders. Knowledge of shipping documents and the ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes. Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment. Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine the size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Receives and reads customers’ orders to identify items to be pulled and their location codes.
- Pull and distribute products from warehouse locations to the production floor or packs/ships to fill customer orders.
- Enters appropriate information into computer systems to ensure correct inventory counts.
- Ensure that proper documentation is included with every order (Ex. Shipping labels, packing list).
- Verify that all special messages or needs have been adhered to when the product is shipped.
- Lift cartons up to 50 lbs. on and off skids.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds 4-6 hours, and up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to spend 8 hours walking/standing, as well as 2-3 hours bending/stooping.
- Ability to communicate in English; basic skills to read and interpret written work instructions.
- Adapt to diverse communication styles and levels of understanding.
One to two years’ experience in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment is a plus.