• Drive the profitable growth of the Large Format business, including direct management of a small department of production employees.
• Develop and execute both operating plans and business plans to continuously improve the overall performance of the business and production team.
• Work well in a high paced environment with multiple duties needing completion on a daily basis.
• Suggest approaches to marketing and sales in order to drive growth.
• Participate in technical sales and needs-assessments to develop holistic bids for new projects.
• Ensure projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and with high customer satisfaction.
• Promote a great team environment that pushes for growth and opportunities with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k, short- & long-term disability, life, medical, dental, vision and other ancillary insurance offerings.
• Understanding of the complete printing process from talking to clients to win jobs, to being able to install jobs on the client’s site is highly needed.
• Work with sales force to keep educated in the printing processes.
• Collaborate with teams to solve for client and/or company challenges.
• Prepare for and participate in management, operations and task force meetings.
Overall, strong knowledge of the large format printing processes, finishing techniques including routers and cutters.
Demonstrated project management skills.
Understanding of the large format market, including the array of competitive offerings, customer needs, and customer buying preferences.
Ability to assess the merits and drawbacks of various large format production systems and equipment.
Leadership skills to front-line supervise the production environment and employees to optimize safety, quality, waste, and efficiency; and to develop those employees.
Strong communications skills and comfort, to present/sell to potential customers and to manage the overall customer satisfaction of current customers.
Strong ability to work in partnership and build/maintain relationships with other area and functional managers.
Have basic understanding of flatbed and roll to roll presses.
Understand white ink printing.
Have knowledge or learn a wide variety of substrates.
Knowledge on the background workings of MIS systems.
Advanced computer skills on both Mac and PC platforms.
Basic to advanced mechanical skills are helpful.
Basic knowledge in router machines.
Basic knowledge in vinyl cutters/plotters.
Ability to read and comprehend job tickets for job information.
Ability to communicate properly to all team members.
Attention to detail and quality.
Ability to train employees on any equipment.
Ability to multi-task many projects.
Will be exposed to external environments, office settings and production environments.
Required to regularly stand and use hands to feel and handle materials.
Frequently need to walk and use feet to operate machines.
Constantly needing to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel and crouch.
Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.