JOB TITLE: Screen Press Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The Screen-Printing Press Operator is responsible for screen printing on t-shirts, sweatshirts and a variety of other apparel. The press operator role includes the setup and operation of screen-printing machines to print designs onto articles and materials.
• Setup the multi-color press for each job
• Start the dyeing oven and sets the thermostat to the temperature specified for a printing run
• Check the quality of shirts to ensure quality control standards are met
• Inspect garments for misprints/defects
• Ensure counts are correct and boxed neatly
• Complete paperwork and prepare for shipping
• Clean squeegee’s and screens according to cleaning standards
• Maintain a clean work environment
• Follow all safety standards and policies
• Attention to detail and quality
• Ability to comprehend and process details quickly
• Ability to read and comprehend job tickets for job information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where jobs are moving fast and multiple tasks are presented simultaneously
• Ability to communicate effectively to other team members and management
• Attention to detail and quality
• Willingness and interest to cross train in other departments when needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for the full shift; Move and interact with equipment as needed; navigate safely through a production environment; operate, handle, or use objects, tools or controls; reach forward, up, and side to side; ascend/descend stairs; communicate and discern to exchange information and identify safety hazards. The employee may routinely lift up to 50 pounds with or without the assistance of others or material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a fast-paced production environment where the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level. Additionally, the work environment is unairconditioned and very hot due to heat from dryers, etc. Consideration should be given to the effect of the environmental conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in Screen Printing
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.