JOB TITLE: Production Associate
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REVISION DATE: April 16, 2021
The Production Associate position is responsible for supporting a variety of production functions and departments including catching mail/apparel items, preparing mail for packaging, stripping paperboard cartons, performing bindery fulfillment, etc. The Production Associate position supports a machine operator to ensure maximum quality, productivity and accuracy.
- Maintain safety standards while working on equipment
- Reads and follows directions as indicated
- Reads Tray Tag to determine amount of mail by number to be placed in tray.
- Gathers and breaks down completed mail and places into mail trays and on to skids
- Catches apparel items coming off of conveyor dryer
- Watch for quality of the prints
- Counts garments for accuracy
- Boxes items for shipment
- Performs hand fulfillment duties such as folding boxes, hand inserting documents or other materials
- Removes excess material from pre-scored paperboard cartons
- Supports other departments as needed
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work independently
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent Attendance required
- Basic computer skills
The work environment is a fast-paced production environment where the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for the full shift; Move and interact with equipment as needed; navigate safely through a production environment; operate, handle, or use objects, tools or controls; reach forward and side to side; ascend/descend stairs; communicate and discern to exchange information and identify safety hazards. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, and/or up to 30 pound frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly with the assistance of others or material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Direct mail, packaging, print experience
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.