SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Graphic Village is seeking a Press Helper for immediate, long-term opportunities for motivated applicants to support our press operators in all phases of press operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the set-up, operation, and maintenance of sheet-fed printing press to include inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up the plate to printing height, fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets and installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, using hand tools and power tools to achieve pressure required for printing
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools
- Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting the pressure between rollers of the press, using hand tools
- Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press
- Assist Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work
- Read and understand instructions of job tickets
- Stacking materials onto the pallets
- Troubleshooting machine problems
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas
- Assist in other departments when needed
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product. Ability to use a micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops)
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under the guidance of senior-level Press Operators
- One to two years’ experience in the printing field
- Deadline oriented and quality minded
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking hearing, repetitive motion
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: MEDIUM: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS: VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: Operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as a printer, technicians, service people, mechanics, etc.
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: To operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: Determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. Make general observations of the facilities and work-space.
WORKING CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO THIS POSITION
SUBJECT NOISE: The worker is subject to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
SUBJECT TO HAZARDS: The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity of moving mechanical parts, moving vehicle’s or forklifts, electrical current, working in high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Graphic Village is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the clients we serve.
At Graphic Village, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Graphic Village believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 513-241-1865.