Summary of Functions
The Office Manager organizes and coordinates administrative operations and procedures for the office, in order to ensure cleanliness, effectiveness & efficiency. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks, tech savvy (ideal) and willing to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, maintain a high level of confidentiality (a must), flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with accounting to purchase/manage office supplies to include:
- Ordering of basic office supplies for staff
- Conference rooms (restocking supplies and beverages)
- Ordering supplies for company, meetings and sales events and lunches
- Kitchen and kitchenette (restocking of supplies)
- Toiletry (restocking supplies)
- Updates and controls the media content in common areas and in conference rooms
- Works with HR and Creative Director to post Internal Job Postings, Birthday, Anniversary, New Employee and other company Announcements on media content.
- Directs, plans, organizes, sets-up and executes employee and company events and luncheons (events are not limited to Graphic Village, could include Revitalize Capital)
- Manages service contracts for office equipment & kitchen appliances and facilitates repairs as needed
- Coordinates internal and external cleaning, maintenance and repairs including lawn services
- Coordinates the company calendar to include conference rooms and events
- Coordinates (and purchases) the monthly Birthday & Anniversary cards & treats
- Ensures office is organized, conference rooms are straightened and common areas are clean, to include outdoor spaces, kitchens, bathrooms and huddle spaces. This can be accomplished through personally cleaning throughout the day and coordination with cleaning service.
- Prepares coffee in the break room areas
- Covers front desk when needed (i.e. lunch breaks, vacations) by answering phones, greeting and directing guests, etc.
- Holder of TV adapters and guest laptops
- Assists the Executive Chairman and CEO with a variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
- Organizing, maintaining office and files
- Managing calendar and scheduling meetings
- Completing travel and expense reports
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Assisting with other misc. requested tasks
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience including at least five years in executive/administrative role is preferred; printing industry experience beneficial.
- Solid experience coordinating activities and providing administrative support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience in effectively communicating with executive management
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may frequently need to work with employees in a production environment where he/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime on evenings and weekends may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.