SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Graphic Village is looking for experienced mailing bindery operators in our Mailing department who:
Understands production and can set up and operate all mailing equipment. The successful applicant will be accountable for the efficient operation of equipment, and the quality of the finished product. This position reports to the Mailing Manager and Sr. Manager of Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates inkjet addressing, envelope inserters, sort mail
- Maintain quality and production standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Set up, operate and adjust equipment, and be able to meet established production standards regularly.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions.
- Continually monitor the quality of finished product per established QC guidelines.
- Ensure the work area is free of hazards and clean of debris.
- Follows all required safety procedures and communicates all concerns regarding safety to the department manager.
- Complete paperwork to assure proper job counts along with job trackability.
- Responsible for accurate timekeeping and data collection through a computer system.
- Involve Department Supervisor and/or Department Manager anytime concerns exist relative to quality, schedules, delays, etc.
- Read and understand the Job “Work Order” for instructions and specifications specific to the manufacturing of a job. Produce all jobs according to the specifications and instructions within the Work Order.
- Approve sets ups and make ready before the jobs get produced.
- Perform reasonable repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Assist in assigning work and machines when required
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have the necessary machine skills to effectively and efficiently operate all finishing equipment.
- Quality conscious and detail-oriented.
- At least 2 years of experience preferably 3.
- Graphic Village is a detailed oriented, deadline-driven company with high expectations.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and carry out tasks to meet instructions
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking hearing, repetitive motion
MEDIUM: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: Operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as a printer, technicians, service people, mechanics, etc.
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: To operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: Determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. Make general observations of the facilities and work-space.
WORKING CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO THIS POSITION
SUBJECT NOISE: The worker is subject to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
SUBJECT TO HAZARDS: The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity of moving mechanical parts, moving vehicle’s or forklifts, electrical current, working in high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Graphic Village is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the clients we serve.
At Graphic Village, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Graphic Village believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 513-241-1865.