JOB TITLE: Large Format Production Assistant – Muncie, Indiana
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DEPARTMENT: Large Format
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The Production Assistant operates in a fast-paced environment assisting in the printing and finishing of large format banners, posters and signage on a variety of substrates. Production Assistant may operate any of the following equipment under the supervision of the Production Manager and/or department Print Operator:
- Canon Colorado UV printer
- HP Latex 570
- Oce Arizona 480 XT UV flatbed printer
- Oce Arizona 660 XT UV flatbed printer
- Colex SharpCUT Finisher
- Graphic Finishing Partners 563th Laminator
- Summa Cutter
- Graphtec Plotter
- Read Work Orders for all required information about the job
- Make adjustments to files for best printing
- Monitor printing for quality and consistency
- Operate flatbed and roll to roll printers
- Perform daily and other routine maintenance
- assist with file set up using Onyx RIP Software
- Follow proper personal protective equipment procedures
- Keep a clean, safe work environment
- Must have good computer skills
- Ability to read and comprehend Work Orders for job information
- Superior mathematical skills i.e. measurements, yield, percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Ability to communicate properly to other team members
- Attention to detail and quality
- Desire to cross train in other departments
- Good mechanical skills very helpful
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus, specifically Illustrator
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in wide format printing is a plus
Work Environment – Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Operating foot peddle machine controls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects with or without the assistance of other or equipment.
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS: Visual acuity to perform: Operates machines, where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. Make general observations of the facilities and workspace.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with normal work-week of 40 hours. Overtime may be required as necessary dependent upon business need.
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes. We are an E-Verify participating employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.