JOB TITLE: IT Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Operations
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of computer workstation set-up, installation, troubleshooting, servicing, upgrading, maintenance and associated software within the office buildings. This position will also include providing technical support (e.g., phone, face-to-face, electronically, etc.) to users for computer systems, hardware, and software supported by the organization. This position monitors and maintains technical equipment (e.g., laptops, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals, etc.), computer systems, and networks, including troubleshooting, moving, deployments, configuration, and repairs. The IT Support Specialist will also work closely with our Managed Service Provider (MSP) in prioritizing and escalating issues.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Evaluates local area network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Assists in installation and maintenance of local area network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, and wiring.
- Installs new software and system upgrades; evaluates and installs patches.
- Communicates and coordinates system updates, backups, and downtime to users.
- Maintains documentation of system and network configurations.
- Monitors and maintains server file and server backups.
- Recommends changes and upgrades to address system deficiencies and user business needs.
- Provides technical support to users for IT inquiries, issues, incidents, and requests (e.g., passwords, access, email, lost documents, etc.) in a timely manner to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Identifies and addresses technical problems, including installation, repair, and system integrity for a variety of computer, phone, printer, and other related equipment issues.
- Prioritizes and schedules requests, issues, and incidents and escalates, as appropriate.
- Researches, analyzes, and identifies root causes to resolve issues in a professional, timely, and courteous manner.
- Interfaces with employees to respond to inquiries and incidents, to provide expertise and direction, and to communicate updates and priorities (e.g., hardware and software problems, computer upgrades, network setup and diagnoses, etc.)
- Interfaces with MSP when troubleshooting advanced incidents
- Experience supporting enterprise infrastructure and applications
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with customer services, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills are a must
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing technologies
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities but may be asked to mentor or train other employees.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may need to work with employees in a production environment where he/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime on evenings and weekends may be required dependent upon business necessity. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8am to 5pm.
Travel, when necessary, is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Information Technology or IT relevant field
- A+ Certification required and/or equivalent certifications and experience
- Windows Desktop Administration: 3 years
- Information Technology: 3 years
- Hardware repair: 3 years
- Technical knowledge in Microsoft Enterprise Server technologies including Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server: 3 years
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- MS Office Application troubleshooting: 3 years
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes. We are an E-Verify participating employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.