JOB TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This individual provides professional human resources support across multiple stages of the employee life cycle with focus on recruitment and employee relations. Will serve as a trusted HR partner and advisor to departmental leaders and employee populations. Primary customer units will be operational departments of the organization.
- Leads the overall recruiting process including but not limited to: scoping roles, sourcing applicants, interviewing candidates, and complying with record keeping requirements. Partners with hiring managers to screen candidates, conduct interviews, and select best fit talent for open positions.
- Organizes, conducts, and continually improves new employee onboarding; creates a positive first experience of the company.
- Drives positive organizational culture with emphasis on the Company’s core values, fun in the workplace, and cross functional teamwork.
- Champions the Employee Recognition program.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Responds to HR related inquiries regarding benefit programs, policy administration, etc. and educates and supports employees in the use of the self-service applications available to them.
- Highly involved in administration and promotion of the company wellness program management and community service/giving campaigns.
- Assists with performance management process.
- Coordinates training sessions and seminars.
- Produces and submits reports on general HR activity.
- FMLA and leave administration.
- Carries out various support activities for the department, such as general filing and document organization, copies, distribution of material to the areas, events organization, research, etc.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Supports HR Manager and Senior Management team in other related work, and special projects
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of human resource experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Professional Human Resources Certification credentials such as PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP preferred
- Previous experience supporting production/manufacturing environment preferred
- Prior payroll processing in Paycor preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Demonstrates good listening skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude in working with people.
- Adapts easily to change, performs calmly under pressure and works effectively in ambiguous environments.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Full understanding of HR function and best practices, exposure to labor law and employment equity regulations
- Ability to analyze and interpret HR related data, reports, statements and/or projections.
- Skilled in organizing resources while establishing timelines and priorities. Requires minimal supervision
- Highly computer literate with capability in HRIS, email, MS Office and related business communication tools.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may frequently need to work with employees in a production environment where he/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime on evenings and weekends may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Travel is primarily local during the business day and may also include occasional visits to another facility approximately 60 miles away. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.