JOB TITLE: Entry Level Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Manager, Customer Service
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The Entry Level Customer Service Representative will receive ongoing training to learn new systems and processes and will be responsible for providing day-to-day print production support of all print and direct mail products by serving as an extension of our client’s marketing, CRM, loyalty and creative teams. You will interface with the Sales team to ensure all project requirements are being met, and the end product reflects the initial vision.
- Receive campaign and product information from client and execute all phases of production. This includes ongoing communication and a focus on details necessary to successfully process orders through the facility in a timely and efficient manner, without disruption, from inception through delivery.
- Participate in daily touch base communication with Production Manager to ensure current projects are on schedule and discuss upcoming projects.
- Conduct general proof reviews to ensure that all client and Graphic Village standards are met.
- Coordinate with client’s departments on timing of approvals for data and imaging proofs
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all production-related materials such as Production Controls or documents such as production specs, imaging & order processing instructions, quality guidelines, daily status and production schedules.
- Secure print estimates based on project needs and budget.
- Review all invoicing and dispute charges when discrepancies are discovered.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers on in-coming components for use in the communication package. Coordinate delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure that all components are available for timely production.
- Attend client pre-planning, debrief, creative strategy, and any other production-related meetings as needed. Attend press checks on behalf of client, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of company product lines, capabilities, market conditions, price and competitive activity with client.
- Facilitate the rollout of customer specifications for jobs and provide training to other employees as necessary that is specific to customer requirements for particular jobs.
- Determine and document account/departmental best practices, special projects and SOP’s.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Flexibility to deal with frequent change
- Adept at learning new software systems
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team and interact effectively with others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may frequently need to work with employees in a production environment where he/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and customers in person, over the phone and electronically. This is a largely sedentary role. However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to move about the office and production areas to access other departments, files, office machinery, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a commercial print environment
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.