JOB TITLE: Digital Press Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The Digital Press Operator is responsible for setting up the press correctly to run jobs, maintaining smooth operation of the press during runtime to ensure quality jobs are produced, and keeping the press area clear of waste.
- Collect and verify all materials stated on job jacket to complete the next run.
- Clean charge roller and wiper blades, certify press is clear of obstacles.
- Perform general maintenance routine to ensure press is ready to run at optimal level.
- Adjust settings on computer software for press specifications and quality needs.
- Examine ink colors, repeat lengths, and other items to produce accurate labels.
- Perform quality checks to ensure color continuity in products, replace ink cans when necessary.
- Properly mount rolls onto unwind shaft to prevent defects and wrinkles.
- Ensure smooth operation and timely pace of production line to meet restrictions and deadlines.
- Related duties as assigned
- Exhibits a safety-first attitude in all that is done, from proper personal protection equipment compliance to keeping the work environment safe and hazard-free. Compliance with all workplace and safety standards required.
- Technical and mechanical experience in printing/operating, especially Digital printing preferred.
- Keen attention to detail to verify all materials being added are correct.
- Responsibility for work produced and problem-solving skills to fix errors.
- Skills to communicate and relay information down the line that will affect quality.
- Ability to stand and move around work area for long periods of time.
- Possess skills to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for the full shift; Move and interact with equipment as needed; navigate safely through a production environment; operate, handle, or use objects, tools, or controls; reach forward, up, and side to side; ascend/descend stairs; communicate and discern to exchange information and identify safety hazards. Vision abilities include – close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may routinely lift up to 50 pounds with or without the assistance of others or material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a fast-paced production environment where the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons, or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.