The Prepress Operator is responsible for performing many functions including processing customer provided files for digital printing, creating impositions, proofing, and variable data processing.
Preparing files for print production, creating proofs, troubleshooting customer provided files, variable data processing and preparing customer files for mailing.
- Check all files for accuracy and quality.
- Making sure that all files received are print ready. etc. Bleeds, Crops, Color, Size.
- Checking job details with job tickets and providing a quality product.
- Maintain the production schedule. This includes keeping staff informed of jobs in progress and jobs completed.
- Determine the priority levels of jobs to ensure they are completed in order of importance and
- Be responsible for all jobs leaving the production room. Insuring quality by pulling samples and Performing checks on all jobs. Answer any questions concerning any jobs by reviewing such jobs with management or person responsible for that job.
- Review all job tickets to ensure they are filled out completely and accurately. Also assuring that they are passed along to the next department or person responsible for that job.
- 2-4 years of Print Production experience.
- Be proficient with all Microsoft programs and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with HP Smartstream Designer or other VDP software required.
- Be proficient with Fiery Command WorkStation and HP Indigo Print Server.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sitting at workstation approximately 90 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 10 percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment