JOB TITLE: Die Cutter Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Blue Ash, OH
DEPARTMENT: Packaging Shift 2
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Employee performs journey level skilled work in the setup, operation, and maintenance on all die cut equipment.
- Set up, operate all die cut equipment.
- Correct and/or report any unsafe conditions.
- Train apprentice and entry level members as needed. Suggest ideas for companywide continuous improvement.
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on die cut equipment.
- Match sample to die cut piece
- Maintain quality and productivity.
- Ability to set up and operate a full range of work on die cut machines including score, die cut, perforate, kiss cut.
- Experience with die cut operation on all kinds of substrates including text, book, cover, board.
- Ability to read and follow written job tickets and schedules. Good math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, managers, coworkers and customers. Ability to operate foil stamp equipment a plus.
The work environment is a fast-paced production environment where the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and moderate to loud noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for the full shift; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; may occasionally climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in operating a die cut machine
Graphic Village is committed to using recruiting and hiring techniques that attract a diverse pool of applicants. We will use selection criteria, processes and techniques that are fair; that identify quality applicants with the necessary skill set for success; and that have no adverse impact on minorities, women, disabled persons or members of other protected classes.
It is Graphic Village policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital, military, veteran or citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.