SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
In this position, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day print production expertise and support of all print and direct mail products by serving as an extension of our client’s marketing, CRM, loyalty and creative teams. You will interface with the Sales team to ensure all project requirements are being met, efficiencies are being realized and the end product reflects the initial vision.
Monday through Friday (hours TBD) typically 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive campaign and product information from client and execute all phases of production. This includes ongoing communication and a focus on details necessary to successfully process orders through the facility in a timely and efficient manner, without disruption, from inception through delivery.
- Conduct daily touch base communication with Production Manager to ensure current projects are on schedule and discuss upcoming projects.
- Proof all projects for accuracy from a printing perspective during the internal routing process before release.
- Conduct general proof reviews to ensure that all client and Graphic Village standards are met.
- Coordinate with client’s departments on timing of approvals for data and imaging proofs
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all production-related materials such as Production Controls or documents such as production specs, imaging & order processing instructions, quality guidelines, daily status and production schedules.
- Secure print estimates based on project needs and budget.
- Submit requests to the printer for spec inquiries and .eps die lines as needed.
- Review all invoicing and dispute charges when discrepancies are discovered.
- Troubleshoot and traffic all production-related tasks. Identify production-related problems and solutions associated with client projects and participate in decision making with Sales team. Expected to initiate solutions to complex or unusual issues, coordinating with Graphic Village sales as appropriate.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers on in-coming components for use in the communication package. Coordinate delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure that all components are available for timely production.
- Attend client pre-planning, debrief, creative strategy, and any other production-related meetings as needed. Travel to other client sites, production facility or other sites as required. Attend press checks on behalf of client, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of company product lines, capabilities, market conditions, price and competitive activity with client.
- Facilitate the rollout of customer specifications for jobs and provide training to other employees as necessary that is specific to customer requirements for particular jobs.
- Determine and document account/departmental best practices, special projects and SOP’s.
- 4+ years’ experience in print production and account management
- Extensive knowledge of print production processes
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Flexibility to deal with frequent change
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team and interact effectively with others
Strong Microsoft Office skills