SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
In this position, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day print production expertise and support of all print and direct mail products by serving as an extension of our client’s marketing, CRM, loyalty and creative teams. You will interface with the Sales team to ensure all project requirements are being met, efficiencies are being realized and the end product reflects the initial vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive campaign and product information from the client and execute all phases of production. This includes ongoing communication and a focus on details necessary to successfully process orders through the facility in a timely and efficient manner, without disruption, from inception through delivery.
- Conduct daily touch base communication with Production Manager to ensure current projects are on schedule and discuss upcoming projects.
- Proof all projects for accuracy from a printing perspective during the internal routing process before release.
- Conduct general proof reviews to ensure that all client and Graphic Village standards are met.
- Coordinate with client’s departments on the timing of approvals for data and imaging proofs
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all production-related materials such as Production Controls or documents such as production specs, imaging & order processing instructions, quality guidelines, daily status, and production schedules.
- Secure print estimates based on project needs and budget.
- Submit requests to the printer for spec inquiries and .eps die lines as needed.
- Review all invoicing and dispute charges when discrepancies are discovered.
- Troubleshoot and traffic all production-related tasks. Identify production-related problems and solutions associated with client projects and participate in decision making with the Sales team. Expected to initiate solutions to complex or unusual issues, coordinating with Graphic Village sales as appropriate.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers on in-coming components for use in the communication package. Coordinate delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure that all components are available for timely production.
- Attend client pre-planning, debrief, creative strategy, and any other production-related meetings as needed. Travel to other client sites, production facility or other sites as required. Attend press checks on behalf of the client, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of company product lines, capabilities, market conditions, price and competitive activity with the client.
- Facilitate the rollout of customer specifications for jobs and provide training to other employees as necessary that is specific to customer requirements for particular jobs.
- Determine and document account/departmental best practices, special projects and SOP’s.
- 4+ years’ experience in print production and account management
- Extensive knowledge of print production processes
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Flexibility to deal with frequent change
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and interact effectively with others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, grasping, talking hearing, repetitive motion.
SEDENTARY and LIGHT WORK: Exerting up to 20 pounds force occasionally and/or a negligible amount force constantly to move objects. The use of arm and/leg controls requires exertion. Worker sits most of the time.
VISUAL ACUITY TO PERFORM: Prepare and analyzing data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects; small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
SUBJECT NOISE: The worker is subject to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
SUBJECT TO HAZARDS: The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity of moving mechanical parts, moving vehicle’s or forklifts, electrical current, working in high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
SUBJECT TO OFFICE: The worker is exposed to a typical office or administrative environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Graphic Village is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the clients we serve.
At Graphic Village, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Graphic Village believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 513-241-1865.