JOB TITLE: Apparel Catcher
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REVISION DATE: April 19,2021
The Apparel Catcher, counts and stacks printed apparel while making sure it meets the required standard for print quality. The environment is very fast paced and the Apparel Catcher will handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Set shirts up for printer
- Inspect garments for misprints/defects
- Make sure counts are right and boxed neatly
- Fill out paperwork and ready for shipping
- Clean squeegee’s and screens
- Keep clean, safe work environment
- Ability to read and comprehend job tickets for job information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to other team members and management
- Attention to detail and quality
- May need cross training for other departments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Balancing; Stooping; Kneeling; Standing; Walking; Pushing; Pulling; Grasping; Talking; Hearing; Repetitive Motion.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity to Perform – Determine Accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. Make general observations of facilities and workspace.
- Extreme Heat: The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than 1 hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of the environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to Noise: The worker is subject to sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above noise level.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with a standard schedule of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required dependent upon business necessity.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Apparel, print experience