Job Title: Jr. Graphic Designer
Reports To: Creative Director
Prepared Date: June 2018
The Jr. Graphic Designer will assist the Graphic Designers and Creative Director in creating logos, artwork, and graphics for our print advertising and creative services clients. In conjunction with the Graphic Designer, the Jr. Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative design and production of advertorials, sales sheets and special projects according to client specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Jr. Graphic Designer include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist designers in project execution to meet set deadlines.
- Research and collects quality photos. Creates layouts and revisions as required.
- With direction, determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts.
- Apply imagination and creativity skills to develop new designs.
- Update existing designs and layouts.
- Perform the various steps necessary, up to final printing, to transform original copy and art into the form required for printing.
- Provides digital samples and printouts of finished layouts to key team members for approval.
- Organizes workload for efficient time-management so as to meet multiple schedule deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study from a college or technical school. 1-3 years of creative design experience in advertising or related field preferred. Ability to conceptualize and design original creative art. Working for a print company or a prepress dept. a plus.
- ADVANCED COMPUTER SKILLS Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Graphics Software in an Apple MAC computer environment. The employee is required to have skills and abilities in the following areas: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft, Word and Excel. Experience in Web and/or UI/UX Design a plus.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read and write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or other employees. Excellent presentation skills with written and electronic media. Ability to interact with clients and internal team members enabling the designer to reproduce artwork inline with client’s needs.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to perform calculations and measurements involving adding, counting, subtracting, dividing and multiplying.
- REASONING ABILITY Ability to interpret written and verbal instructions and apply to company situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None Required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach and lift with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly subjected to standard office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low. The environment is controlled.