SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Job responsibility is coordination of customer order processing, working with Integrated Marketing and shipping following a detailed procedure to perform routine fulfillment work. This may include reporting inventory availability if it is not as show electronically, analyzing timing, communicating with customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and reads customers’ orders to identify items to be pulled and their location codes.
- Pull and distribute products from warehouse bin locations to the production floor or packs and ships to fill customer orders.
- Enters appropriate information into computer systems to ensure correct inventory counts.
- Ensure that proper documentation is included with every order (Ex. Shipping labels, packing list).
- Verify that all special messages or needs have been adhered to when the product is shipped.
- Lift cartons up to 50 – 60 lbs. on and off skids for 4-6 hours at a time
- Must be able to spend 8 hours walking/standing, as well as 2-3 hours bending/stooping
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a warehouse fulfillment and distribution environment requirement
- Good mathematical skills and attention to detail for reading and writing
- Ability to communicate in English; basic skills to read and interpret written work instructions
- Adapt to diverse communication styles and levels of understanding
- Knowledge in routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures
- Knowledge of shipping documents and the ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes
- Knowledge of heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
Balancing; Stooping; Kneeling; Standing; Walking; Pushing; Pulling; Grasping; Talking; Hearing; Repetitive Motion.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS:
Visual Acuity to Perform – Determine Accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. Make general observations of facilities and workspace.
WORKING CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO THIS POSITION:
Subject to Noise: The worker is subject to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
Frequently In Close Quarters: The worker is frequently in close quarters, small rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways or other areas that could cause claustrophobia.